Getting Employer Support to Attend Conference
The 3-day 2017 General & Special Education Conference offers a variety of full-day courses to meet your professional needs. Use the sample letter and tips below to assist you with gaining support from your employer.
Tips on Getting Employer Support:
- Share the conference program with your employer/supervisor and explain how the courses you wish to attend will benefit your clients/students and your program.
- Offer to prepare and present a short review of the courses you attend with your co-workers so they can benefit from your attendance.
- Prepare a plan that shows who will cover for you while you are attending the conference.
- Offer to share a room to reduce hotel expenses.
- Search airline tickets/transportation early to secure the best rates.
If you have other ideas on how to obtain employer/district support and would like to share them with our conference planning committee, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and we will include your suggestions on our Website.
Dear [your supervisor’s name]: To help provide [your school/facility/clinic] and our [students/clients] with the most up-to-date and evidence-based evaluation and treatment strategies, I would like to attend the 2017 General & Special Education Conference in Seattle, Washington . Twenty-four, full-day course choices will be offered at the conference to meet my specific professional needs. The information presented in these classes can be shared with my colleagues who did not attend the conference. I would like to attend the following courses that will provide the greatest benefit to (your school/program): [Place the title of the courses you wish to attend here]. There is a special reduced early registration rate if registered prior to the deadline and there are group registration discounts. A group of discounted rooms are being offered at the current government discounted rate at the Sheraton Hotel-Seattle, located directly across the street from the Washington State Convention Center where the conference will be held.
Attending the conference will enhance my professional knowledge and skills, which will enable me to provide better instruction to my [clients/students]. I will be able to pass on much of what I learn to my colleagues. Thank you for your consideration of this request. To view all the information about the conference, go to the conference website at www.rehabseminars.org.